2400 Antioch Pike, Suite C, Antioch, Tn 37013
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions. Dec 13
Benchmark Maid operate the business as a cleaning service provider under the following terms and conditions.
Benchmark Maid are herein referred to as BM.
BM reserves the right to make amendments to these conditions without giving prior notice.
By requesting BM to provide service by any means including telephone, email, fax, booking form and or direct conversation – the client accepts that these terms and conditions are binding.
General Domestic and /or Office or other Commercial cleaning, Spring cleaning, Deep cleaning, after Function or Event cleaning, Pre and /or Post Move cleans, Renovation or Building cleaning.
- Payment is required on commencement of cleaning, subject to other arrangements as made with BM management.
- BM reserves the right to suspend its cleaning service if a bill is not paid on presentation or at the start of the month, week or day due as the case may be. All outstanding monies or fees will be charged 2% per month interest from due date plus costs on a lawyer to client basis.
- Prices as per estimate and or quote are for labour only in terms of cleaning and ironing as requested and agreed to by BM, unless otherwise agreed to by BM. BM reserves the right to amend an estimate and /or quote if on arrival conditions and or circumstances are substandard or vary from information provided to BM to obtain either said quote or estimate.
- Time estimates given by BM for work as requested are only an estimate, as size of the area and the actual level of dirtiness as well as conditions encountered have a direct effect on the time needed.The BM works needs whatever times it takes to complete the regular duties per standard, spring or deep cleans as per requested level of service that may or may not include extras unless such was part of the specific level of service requested and agreed to by BM management.
- Working with or around contractors and /or other service providers can require up to 50% more time to complete the same work and BM reserves the right to amend any cost estimates and /or quotes and charge accordingly.
- Start and collection times given by BM are only an estimate as traffic conditions and taxi transport of us are beyond our control, the amount of employees working on any given day can also take less or more time, high season takes a lot more time, as do month ends.
- The client agrees to instruct our employees on what tasks to do as per their requirements or provide a list of such giving priorities of tasks to be undertaken. Unless otherwise requested and agreed to by BM, the client is not required to provide all cleaning equipment in safe and good working order and all detergents, ladder and cleaning equipment that will be required to perform the work, the client is required to provide trash bags and paper towels. No responsibility is undertaken for using same.
- Collection and returning of keys by BM will attract a surcharge dependent on distance and or time in terms of such extra service. Should there be any loss of such key or key, the liability will be limited to the actual cost of the key only (max $5).
- The client has the responsibility to deactivate any alarms and no responsibility for the triggering of an alarm system or costs related to a response will be accepted by BM.
- BM reserves the right to suspend or cancel a cleaning service if there are problems with the access, water or electricity supplies, or problems working around other contractors and /or service providers, as well as interference from any party. The client will still be held liable for the full cost of the agreed service.
- BM Staffs are not allowed to use a stepladder higher than 3 feet. We can guarantee same day/time & team for weekly and biweekly service, not for every 3 weeks, once a month or sporadic appointments. We do not offer laundry neither dishes service ( meaning that we dont wash or fold clothes neither wash dishes).
Claims and Complaints:
- The client is responsible for reporting any incident, breakage, damage and loss within 12 hours of completion of the service. Failure to do so will nullify any claim.
- The client is responsible for securing – cash, jewelry and any other items of value. BM pays staff well and has a zero tolerance policy in terms of theft and dishonesty. No responsibility or liability is however accepted for any of the above.
- If a client suspects theft or actual theft has taken place, it is the client’s responsibility to report the incident to both BM management and the Legal Authorities. The client will lay a charge of theft, if actual theft has taken place and follow through to the point of actual prosecution. Failure to do so will nullify any claim against BM.
- The client or a representative has the responsibility to be present both at the start and end of each service, to inspect any cleaning performed. This will enable BM to rectify any substandard work while still on the premises. Where BM is only advised later, we will rectify on the next clean or if possible make other arrangements to do so
- Complaints need to be made within 12 hours of the completion of the service.
- The client is responsible for securing or removing all fragile or easily breakable items from areas that need to be cleaned. Items excluded from any liability by BM are cash, jewelry, art works, antiques and items of sentimental value.
- Lost keys, if lost by a BM representative will be limited in terms of liability by BM to the actual cost of the lost key subject to a maximum amount of $5 in total.
- BM reserves the right not to be liable if service is postponed due to broken equipment, or any circumstances beyond our direct control, or if there are issues in terms of safety.
- BM reserves the right not to be responsible for accidental damage of any nature.
- BM reserve the right to take before and after pictures/videos
- BM has insurance to cover any accidental damages caused by a BM member of staff at a point of service, subject to the damages been reported within 12 hours of completion of the service in writing either per email or fax to BM.
- Insurance will not cover anything that may breakdown or stop working at any time and this would include but is not restricted to vacuum, computer, fridge, freezer, microwave, dish washer, stove, oven, washing machine and tumble dryer or the instability of any item which the client is already aware of, such as headboards, bathroom fixtures or other property fittings. The client is obliged to notify BM management of fittings that are poorly secured, not secured or appliances that are not in proper working order. No liability will be accepted by BM for any of the above or for damage caused directly or indirectly to anything else or anyone else.
- BM reserves the right not to share any confidential company information or documents.
Good business relationships:
- No client will be entitled to a full or partial refund; this is subject to the discretion of BM management.
- Should a client not be satisfied with the level of service from a BM and such is conveyed to BM within the prescribed 12hr period of completion of the service, BM reserves the right to do a re-clean of the specific area at an agreed time. The client will need to be present during the re-clean.
- A re-clean will only be carried out once.
Cancellation and postponement of services:
- A booked or routine service may be postponed or cancelled as the case may be up to 48 hrs. prior to an agreed starting time of the cleaning service. The request must be per email, text or direct telephone call with BM management and needs to be confirmed by BM to be valid.
- The client undertakes to be liable for the full fee should the request be made within the 24 hr. period (less than 24 hrs.). Any cancellation or reschedule must be made by calling or texting (615)293-1692, cancellation/reschedule will not accepted otherwise.
- Month-end confirmed bookings will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% unless made 3 working days in advance in writing per email, fax or telephone call.
- The client is responsible to provide access to BM as agreed and in the event of a (no show) or lock out by the client; the client will be held liable for the full service fee and or costs related to such. Refer clause 2 above.
5. Unless a specific contract is in place all regular on-going services be it, daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly require a full calendar months’ notice to terminate the service. The notice must be made in writing per email, fax or telephone call. Failure by the client to provide the stipulated notice, the client accepts liability for all fees due over the notice period.
Employing BM staff:
- No staff member or ex staff of BM may be offered or given temporary or permanent employment by the client directly or indirectly (family, work) without prior negotiation with BM. The period of protection is agreed to as 2 (two) years. This applies to the date of termination of services of BM by the client irrespective of any cause or reason. Should a staff or ex staff member be employed within the said 2 years period the client agrees to be liable for a referral fee calculated @ $150 per day that BM provided service in a given week. This will be calculated on the basis of the higher of – the highest number of days in any given week within a retrospective 3 month period and – the amount of days per week is employed for by the client/ex client.
- The client accepts that BM is a staff recruitment and placement business and BM will charge a placing fee of 16% based on the full annual cost to the client in terms of an employment contract negotiated with BM in terms of negotiating employment of an employee.
- BM provides a sourcing service for clients looking for staff @ 14% of annual cost to client, as above.
- Clause 2 above applies in respect of any monies and or fees due to BM or claimed by BM.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by relevant Laws of the State of Tennessee. The client agrees to be bound and submit to the jurisdiction of the relevant courts of United States. IN THE EVENT OF ANY LAWSUIT , THE LOSING PARTY WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OTHER PARTY'S ATTORNEY'S FEES.